Terms and Conditions of Business
1) If you set your SatNav to these coordinates you will come straight to the clinic: 27 Longbridge Road. RG26 5AN. Please park alongside the pavement in front of the property and parking sign. (It is safe to leave your car here and there are no parking restrictions.)
It is expected that clients arrives just a few minutes ahead of their appointment time, to avoid consultation time eating into their treatment time, and in order to prevent delay to the next client. Please also be aware that the clinic is within a residential property, and that there is no waiting area for clients or their guardian/driver. Consultation and treatment time is inclusive of appointment time.
2) Client access including disabilities considerations: The clinic is set within a residential premises. The level gravel driveway is of around 12 paces to the front door where there are two steps up allowing access to the premises and a small sill to step over at the threshold. There is a level passageway to the treatment room. There is a standard toilet on the ground floor as well as a standard wash-basin, with no disability modifications. Patients are expected to be able to undress and to dress themselves without assistance in the privacy of the ensuite. There is an electric couch for treatments, allowing multiple positioning for maximum comfort. Patients are expected to be able to turn themselves over, unassisted on the couch - face up and face down. The couch may not be suitable for very large or extremely heavy patients.
3) Refreshments: Cold water is available during the treatment appointment time and after-care advice is given that includes encouragement to continue to hydrate after the treatment. Avoid having a heavy meal or consuming alcohol prior to arrival; as well as immediately after treatment and allow for a time to rest for several hours after treatment.
4) What to wear: It is recommended that you wear loose fitting garments that are easy to remove and replace unaided. Please advise if there are religious or personal reasons why certain items of clothing will not be removed for the specific treatment. Certain massage treatments such as the manual lymph drainage massage does not require items of clothing to be removed.
Underpants that ensure total coverage, are a must!
Please avoid wearing scented products. Please remember to leave valuables at home and avoid wearing jewelry that is difficult to take off. There is a safe place for personal items such as car-keys/purse or wallet/bags, within the clinic. To prevent the spread of Covid 19 and other diseases outdoor clothes and shoes are placed in a holdall and will not be permitted to enter the treatment room. The outer door is locked from the inside, meaning that it cannot be opened from the outside but has a quick-release handle from the inside, for speedy exit. Ensure hands and feet are clean and that you have showered or washed ahead of your treatment appointment. There is a choice of full-body covering - blanket or cotton sheet, for optimum comfort and temperature during your treatment time as well as an additional heater should it be required. Clients are encourage to give their preference on temperature of the environment.
5) Local Services and Local Amenities include the Bramley Bakery where refreshments and hot or cold meals can be purchased and consumed on or off the premises. There is also a 'One-Stop' Store providing snacks, drinks, newspapers and magazines within an easy walking distance from Longbridge Road. The clinic is within a short (approx. 5-8 minute) walk from the Bramley Railway Station found on the Basingstoke to Reading Service line. There is a bus stop on the Sherfield road into Bramley village for the Number 14, Basingstoke bus service, The bus stop is within a short walking distance of the clinic.For times and destinations clink on the lick here https://www.stagecoachbus.com/routes/south/14/tadley-basingstoke
6) Booking Process - An online booking system with full payment or partial payment in the form of a deposit can be made in advance through the booking page on this website.
The card reader in clinic with 'zettle', accepts the following cards for payments: Visa, mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB and Discover. Should a booking through the website be made in error, please contact the operator to have this changed for you by phoning: 07577107798. The option to pay cash on the day is accepted but must be stated and full payment will be taken during the opening consultation period of the appointment, ahead of any treatment. Please bring the correct amount of cash to your appointment for speed and convenience. Cheques are accepted on the day of treatment under the £50 margin and cash, card or cheque can be used to makeup a shortfall.
Incentives and offers: Offers through social media sites or adverts may vary and can only be used in isolation and not as part of a membership discount. The timescale of an Offer is up to the Clinic management and can be added or withdrawn without warning. Gift cards for a chosen value or treatment can be purchased and collected from the clinic. https://www.thehealingtouchway.co.uk/gift-cards 'Refer a Friend' recognition can be either for a 10 minutes extra treatment time added on to your next appointment, or a small take-home appreciation gift. These offers may involve a use by/expiry date.
8) Products used: These include an unscented massage wax medium (natural beeswax) for massage, as well as hand and foot sanitiser containing natural ingredient: tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, camphor oil and vitamin E. It is important to stipulate during the consultation if you suffer from any allergies or have a preferences in products used for Massage Therapy treatments. The clinic is proud to use the award winning skincare brand 'Tropic', an amazing vegan, against cruelty to animals, and freshly made skincare range. We provide an online Tropic shop for clients to use which you can access through the website on the Home page. Or you can use this link to enter the Tropic shop:https://tropicskincare.com/pages/patriciaharbot
9) House Pets and Noise: Please be aware that although Longbridge Road is in a very quiet part of Bramley Village, it is not far from the railway line, so trains may sometimes be heard. There are also 'friendly' small dogs at the premises but are not in contact with clients, or anywhere near the clinic or entrance. There is a chance of noise, but rest assured that the clinic area is private and undisturbed and mostly very quiet.
10) Fire or Emergency procedure: There is a fire extinguisher within easy reach. There are three emergency exit points: the front door, the back door and the patio doors and you will be guided to the most suitable exit should an emergency occur.
11) Threatening behavior/the use of bad language/or behavior of a sexual nature are not tolerated in clinic. In these incidences a client will be asked to leave immediately, without reimbursement for any loss of treatment time. If a patient refuses to leave the premises, then the Police may become involved.
12) 18 year olds to 21 year olds: Clients under the age of 18 years old are not permitted to receive treatment in clinic. Clients between the ages of 18-21 years of age may receive certain treatments, such as problem skin skincare treatments, but if they seek massage therapy due to postural problems etc they will need to bring a letter of Referral from a Medical Practitioner, and this will be requested before any treatment is provided. 18-21 year olds may not book a Pamper Package or Foot Spa or join as a Member.
It is not permitted for clients to bring babies or children with them to their appointment.
Feedback will be asked for at the round-up chat after your treatment. Should you, upon reflection, have more to add at a later time, this can be sent in writing to the address given or submitted by email at: email@example.com or left on Google reviews, or on social media platforms.
14) Complaints procedure: Complaints can be made via the postal service in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for refunds may be made in writing. Complaints or allegation of Professional Gross Misconduct can be raised with the Federation of Holistic Therapists addressed to: FHT 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh SO50 4SR.
15) Denied treatment: Please read the following carefully before booking your appointment.
In the interest of public health and the avoidance of spread of disease it is important that you are aware of the following conditions that prevent the opportunity to receive massage therapy treatments. These are referred to as contra-indications and include:
Fungal nail conditions (fingers and toes). Fungal skin conditions including Athletes foot; verrucas and warts.
Pregnancy (all stages), postnatal mothers who are lactating or still receiving health visitors' appointment at home).
Pregnant clients seeking Pregnancy Massage must be over 12 weeks pregnant (or 16 weeks pregnant if there have been previous miscarriages or other medical concerns). It is not recommended that pregnant clients receive massage therapy in the late stages of pregnancy, unless they have written consent from a health professional.
Any physical disability or restriction of any kind, in any part of the body that prevents free movement for delivering the techniques associated with massage therapy.
Infectious diseases - the spread of bacterial and viral diseases: these include the common cold, cold sores, warts, impetigo, boils, conjunctivitis, sties, ringworm, shingles, chicken pox, diarrhea, sickness and vomiting including other symptoms that are likely to be contagious as well as 'flu-like' symptoms and strains of Covid.
Under the influence of drugs, (recreational drugs or prescribed drugs such as strong painkillers), alcohol or other illegal substances.
Open wounds, extensive abrasions, severe bruising, bleeding moles, sunburn, swellings or inflammation anywhere in the areas associated with receiving massage therapy.
Central Nervous System disorders such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, tremors, fits, epilepsy, dementia.
Psychological issues: Panic attacks, phobias, psychosis, schizophrenia, paranoia, claustrophobia, OCD, ADHD, autism or other mental illness. Anorexia or self-harming. Suicidal thoughts.
Dizziness or fainting spells.
Trapped or pinched nerve, altered sensation anywhere in the body causing numbness, pain, tingling or reduced sensitivity.
Cardiovascular: dangerously low or high blood pressure. Palpitations, irregular heart rhythm, heart condition, circulatory issues causing blueness or lack of sensation to extremities. Varicose veins, blood clots such as thrombosis or phlebitis. Risk of stroke or have recently had a stroke.
Bone disease: Osteoporosis, Spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, widespread painful Osteoarthritis.
Medical investigations pending treatment for unexplained symptoms.
Recent Accident involving, collision, head trauma, burns, abrasions, inflammation, whiplash, concussion, bruising.
Recent Operation or long-term medical treatment.
History of Cancer that is shorter than the remission stage of 12 months, unless written permission from a medical professional is received.
16) Qualifications and Insurance; proof of relevant professional practice qualifications as well as professional practice insurance certificates are on display in the treatment clinic. The Federation of Holistic therapists membership number is also available.
17) Cancellation Policy: Please contact the clinic by phone if a cancellation at short notice is necessary and an alternative appointment date can be made available to you. Any cancellation or reschedule made with less than 24 hrs until the appointment time will result in a cancellation fee. If the client is more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, we may not be able to accommodate you, but full payment will be charged. We will always do our very best to reschedule your appointment for another time that is convenient. In the event of a true, unavoidable emergency, all or part of your cancellation fee may be retained; but this is at the clinic owner's discretion and treated on each individual case basis.
18) CCTV and Panic Alarm are in operation at this address.